My Day with Chocolate Dreams

kitchen Garden Cooking

On the 16/09/2010 we made some lovely chocolate muffins from a cookbook called Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program. I borrowed the book from our school library and are enjoying the lovely recipes in it. I hope you enjoy this lovely recipe of chocolate muffins which are to die for!

Ingredients
80 g butter
200 g plain flour (We used White Wings Gluten Free Plain Flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
80 g cocoa
3/4 cup water
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
3/4 cup buttermilk

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Put some patty pans in a muffin tin.

2. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt and bicarb soda. Stir in caster sugar.

3. In a small bowl place chopped butter, oil, cocoa and water. Heat some water in a small saucepan and place bowl over the saucepan. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.

4. When butter has melted remove the bowl from the water. Stir mixture until smooth.

5. To the cocoa and butter mixture add the egg and egg yolk. Lightly whisk the mixture.

6. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and tip the cocoa and butter mixture into the well. Stir thoroughly to combine. Stir in the buttermilk.

7. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin. We found that this mixture makes about 14 muffins. Bake for 12-15 minutes. We baked them for 15 minutes.

In the end, they come out very moist and chocolatey. In my opinion, I think they are the best muffins in the whole world.

photo

3 thoughts on “My Day with Chocolate Dreams

1. Hayley, your chocolate cupcakes were ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! They were beautifully moist and so chocolatey. I can’t wait for you to make them again soon!
    Mum 🙂
    xxx

2. Hi Hayley.
    I have not made your chocolate cup cakes but they do look deliciously chocolatly I might have to make some when I get home any way sounds like they sure are most.
    your friend grace